- Deadline: Committed and pushed to git by 11:59 PM on Thursday, 03/11/2021.
Exercise 1: Create a Branch
- Create a new branch on your NetID repository (the one you have been using to work on the lab).
lab05 as the name for this branch.
- Switch to this new branch.
- In your NetID folder, create a new folder called
- Inside your
lab05 folder, create a new Jupyter Notebook and name it
- In this Jupyter Notebook,
- Write your full name in a Markdown cell.
- Back to the terminal, stage and commit the changes.
- Push the changes to the remote git repository using the following command:
git push origin lab05
Exercise 2: Merge Branches
- Merge the
lab05 branch INTO the
- Then, push this change to the remote git repository.
Exercise 3: Forking and Pull Request
Part 1: Forking
- Go to the stat430-sp21/lab05-ex3 repository on GitHub Enterprise.
- Click the fork button at the top right corner (it looks like this)
lab05-ex3 to your own GitHub Enterprise account (that is the account with your NetID as the username).
- Now a
lab05-ex3 is created for you (that belongs to you, NOT the stat430-sp21 organization! Its name will be of the form
- Clone this repository to your computer.
- Open the
ex3.ipynb using Jupyter Notebook.
- Add your solution of Lab 04 - Exercise 1 into a new cell in Jupyter Notebook.
- If you did not submit Lab 04, then use my solution of Lab 04 - Exercise 1.
- Stage, commit these changes and push to the remote git repository.
Part 2: Pull request
- Go back to stat430-sp21/lab05-ex3 repo!
- Now, click the “Pull requests” tab, then click the green “New pull request” button.
- Click the option “compare across forks”.
- Then, change “head repository” to YOUR repository (that is
netid/lab05-ex3 where netid is YOUR netid)!
- Finally, click “Create pull request”!
Bonus (1 point)
- Create a new branch on your NetID repository.
bonus as the name for this branch.
- Find a way to point this branch back to the commit where you submitted Lab 04!
- If you did not submit Lab 04, then point it to the commit where you submitted Lab 03!
- If you did not submit any previous lab, I’m sorry, you won’t be able to do this bonus exercise.
- Push the changes to the remote git repository.